Sunday 16 July 2017

Clean Slate

Wanted to share something as I read these verses.....


1 Kings 14:7-8 7 Go, tell Jeroboam, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Forasmuch as I exalted thee from among the people, and made thee prince over my people Israel,


8 And rent the kingdom away from the house of David, and gave it thee: and yet thou hast not been as my servant David, who kept my commandments, and who followed me with all his heart, to do that only which was right in mine eyes;


God saw David as a man who kept His commandments, who followed with all his heart, who did right in God's eyes. 


What? Huh? Is He talking about THE David? The guy who killed a man so he could have his wife? The one he got pregnant? David who committed adultery? That David? That no good rotten scoundrel? How could God speak of him with such honor after doing those disgusting things? How could God possibly see David as a man who did right in His eyes?


Here is what made the difference......


David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. (2 Samuel 12:13 ESV)


David acknowledged his sin before God. He repented and was forgiven. And what did God do? When He forgave......He also forgot. 


It is the same for us. When we confess our sin before God, when we repent......He forgives and He wipes the slate clean! 


For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.” (Hebrews 8:12 ESV)


How amazing is that? How wonderful to know that my slate is wiped clean! 


No comments:

Post a Comment